By Jennifer Abella
No, we’re not kidding. The year isn’t over yet, but it’s never too soon to prep for the Jane Austen Summer Program, returning June 16 to 19 to Chapel Hill.
The theme of next year’s program is “Mansfield Park & Its Afterlives.” So here’s a step-by-step guide to get ready — because June will be here before you know it.
- Get a copy of Jane Austen’s “Mansfield Park” — be it from the library, from Amazon, from your bookshelf, from Audible, from your bedside table.
- Read (or listen to) said copy of “Mansfield Park.”
- Repeat Step 2 as necessary.
- Stay tuned to this blog, like our Facebook page, and/or follow us on Twitter to keep up with the latest posts about the program and “Mansfield Park.”
- Register for the program. This should go without saying, but we’ll say it anyway! Don’t worry — we’ll let you know when we open registration.
- Spread the word: Share our blog posts on Facebook or Twitter (or Tumblr or Instagram or shout it from the rooftops) — or print them out and mail them to that friend of yours — the one who’s always on the fence about coming to Chapel Hill with you? Now might be a good time to start talking her into finally coming.
- GET. EXCITED.
- Repeat steps 4 through 7 as necessary.
- Optional: Got an idea for the blog? Let us know in the comments!
Ready … set … let’s gooooooo!
Jennifer Abella is a TV/movie/pop culture/knitting/sewing/Jane Austen geek. Oh, and a total Anglophile. Follow @nextjen on Twitter. And remember to like Jane Austen Summer Program on Facebook and follow @JASPhotline on Twitter.