By Jennifer Abella
Here are some “in case you missed it” links to Austen stories from around the Web. We post a lot of these links on our Facebook page and Twitter accounts, so don’t forget to like Jane Austen Summer Program on Facebook and follow @JASPhotline on Twitter to stay on top of the news.
- Have a smartphone? Bath’s Jane Austen Centre has launched a daily Austen quote app.
- Lots of our attendees live in North Carolina. Next year, the Biltmore estate in Asheville is hosting an exhibit of wedding gowns from movies, including three Jane Austen film adaptations. “Fashionable Romance: Wedding Gowns in Film” runs Feb. 12 through July 4.
- Yes, “A Guinea Pig Pride & Prejudice” is an actual thing that exists.
- Penguin is releasing “Emma” with
a lovely 200th anniversary cover.
- The Telegraph asks the question: Why does Jane Austen enchants us to this day?
- Photos from grand promenade at this year’s Jane Austen Festival in Bath.
- Speaking of the festival …. What do you wear to such a festival and how much is too much Jane Austen? (Spoiler: there is never enough Jane Austen, IMHO.)
- How Jane Austen kinda sorta helped invent the Regency romance.
- Here’s a hardcore way to show your love for Jane Austen: tattoos….
- How would you rank these eight “Pride & Prejudice” movie adaptations?
Jennifer Abella is a TV/movie/pop culture/knitting/sewing/Jane Austen geek. Oh, and a total Anglophile. Follow@nextjen on Twitter.